Welcome to my Web pages !
I'm currently an assistant professor at the University of Bretagne Sud since Septembre 2004. My research activities take part in the SAMSARA group (VALORIA laboratory from University of Bretagne-Sud). My main objectives are motion analysis/synthesis schemes, inverse problems in computer animation, human-motion databases indexing and machine learning for computer animation/vision.
From the beginning of February until August 2012, I will have the chance to spend 6 months in Beijing, China, in the LIAMA lab from the Chinese Academy of Science Institute of Automation, thanks to a Chinese Academy of Science Senior scientist fellowhip program.
Some of the most recent research projects I'm involved in. Check this link to find out more.
|Our paper on geodesic analysis in kernel spaces was accepted at ECML 2012. More information about this method soon to come.|
|Our paper on classification and Manifold based learning was accepted at ECML 2011.|
|Conditional Stochastic Simulation. We propose a new methodology to simulate and synthetize motions from a reference motion. Our method assumes a motion is a realization of a stochastic process. From its structure new realizations can be simulated. Those realizations can be constrained to reach given values as shown in our work. Several applications to character animation are given. Check both CAVW 2010 paper to learn more..|
|Crowd Motion Analysis and synthesis. We are trying in this project to design a data-driven animation technique for crowd animation. In a first place, our method extracts a continuous flow from a video of a real crowd. This information is then used as input in our animation technique. This method was published at the CASA 2007 conference (more...).|
|In a second time, we are trying to extract a more complete dynamical information from the video. For this purpose, we use tools from optimal control theory. This work was published at the ACCV 2009 conference.|
|Signal Processing techniques for rotation data. The specific nature of rotational data impose the use of dedicated methods to perform statistical analysis or filtering. In this project we used an adaptated version of the Principal Geodesic Analysis to more...|
- 2004. Assistant professor at the University of Bretagne Sud
- 2003. INRIA Post doctoral fellowship in Porto Alegre, Brazil, under the direction of Soraia Musse
- 2002. Ph.D. degree at IRISA, funded by FranceTelecom R&D, under the direction of Bruno Arnaldi.
- 1999. DEA Imagerie Numérique et Intelligence Artificielle at National University of Rennes, equivalent to a Master Degree in Computer Science, specialized in computer graphics and artificial intelligence,
- 1999. Engineer diploma at INSAR (Institut National Des Sciences Appliquées de Rennes), Computer Science department, a French engineering school, equivalent to a Master Degree in Engineering.
StudentsI am (or was) implied in the advising process of the following phd thesis:
- Alexis Héloir, who obtained his phd thesis in January 2008, with Sylvie Gibet and Franck Multon,
- Charly Awad, who obtained his phd thesis in February 2011, with Sylvie Gibet,
- Pierre Allain, who finished his phd thesis in January 2012, with Thomas Corpetti.
- Thibaut LeNaour, (started in 2011), with Sylvie Gibet.